Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- I understand that the submission must follow the rules below or it will be rejected BEFORE it reaches peer-review.
- I have followed the steps in the short video tutorial for submission.
- I used the Google Docs template
- I have read the Author Guidelines.
All of my citations are in the PLOS style/format in the paper. I also have a BibTex file of all my citations.
I have edited my paper for basic spelling, grammar and readability before you submitting it.
- I must have editorial pre-approval for submissions over 10,000 words.
I have all permissions (in writing) to use any images/figures for which I do not personally own the copyright.
- My submission includes a “Practical Implications” statement that indicates how the work is valuable an to which audience.
My submission includes a “Public Understanding” statement written in plain English.
To put it plainly, once an author’s paper is published by JoST the copyright is held by JoST. However, JoST is committed to open-access and therefore authors retain the following rights.
The right to:
- Place the work on a course web site
- Copy it for students or colleagues
- Reuse portions in subsequent works
- Deposit the work into a subject repository for your discipline, funder, etc.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.